Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Food Stamps

Okay, obviously food stamps DON'T look like this anymore. In fact I'm pretty sure those on food stamps receive a card somewhat like a debit card these days. Anyway... Not the point. I really just wanted a picture!!

So the story... My co-worker, Heather, and I like to take a little walk to the 7eleven around the corner to get out of the office for a bit. A few weeks ago we were just getting to the building when a car came cruisin' into the parking spot in front of us. The lady got out and asked if she could buy us whatever we wanted with her food stamps, so we would give her cash so she could buy cigarettes. I was seriously SPEECHLESS (this doesn't happen). Luckily Heather quickly responded, "I don't feel comfortable doing that." The women went on, but I was still in shock from what had just happened. Seriously... She thought we would let her basically use her food stamps as a trade so she could buy her cigarettes. I THINK NOT!! Now I could go on forever about my feelings on food stamps, but that would just be boring. The moral of the story: Maybe you shouldn't attempt to trade food stamps for cigarettes by approaching 2 therapist with a background in social work!!! haha. How ironic. I'm not sure there could be 2 worse people to ask except some sort of authority that would actually get her in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment