Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Small and Simple Things....

So seriously- have you ever gone to buy a new ink cartridge for your printer and felt a little robbed? I mean come on- it almost costs more for a new ink cartridge than for a new printer. What is the deal folks? Well... I knew my printer was out of ink, but I really didn't want to spend the money on a new cartridge. Then my mom got the best idea ever from her boss- Did you know you can refill ink cartridges at certain locations? Well I certainly did not! And let me tell you- spending $10 is SOO much better than the like $30 for a new one. So I finally googled it and found that Walgreens provides this great service so I went out to get me some more ink so I could finally print once again!! I turn in my cartridge and walk around the store for a few minutes. By the time I came back it was done, but the nice Walgreens worker said it had just barely failed the print test. He said he would sell it to me, but if it didn't work I could bring it back for a refund. I thought "oh well, whatever..." Well he tried to ring it up and turns out the lady who did the print test had already cancelled the order so he gave it to me for free. I was slightly bummed cuz I thought I might have to actually go buy a new cartridge afterall. Well... I remembered the guy said it just barely failed, so I thought "why not just test it and see!!" So I did and............... IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY!!!!

I am thankful for the small and simple things in life: like free ink cartridges for my printer! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Niice! I've done costco a few times. The color one didn't pass. I should try Walgreens- much closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love FREE!! Never buy first hand ink!

    ReplyDelete