Monday, November 1, 2010

Playing Chicken with a Moose

So- Last Saturday night I had the most terrifying experience of my life. I met a moose on the road in Parleys Canyon on my way home from work. I didn't see it soon enough to get completely out of the way and ended up hitting it. In the end I got away with minor cuts and overall soreness. My car, on the other hand, wasn't quite as lucky. It is totaled. The moose is dead. For some reason, I'm still here and almost untouched.

For those of you who haven't seen one- this is a moose. They're big suckers.

So this is my car. Notice that the only damage is to the driver's side of the car, which is where I was.

My windshield

My windshield from the inside

Moose hair in my windshield

1 comment:

  1. DANG GIRL!!! That is so so crazy! It is a miracle you are alive! I've know people who have died from hitting animals- especially when you are going so fast down parley's (my mom hit a deer there a few years ago!) I hope you saved some of that moose hair! :o)

    ReplyDelete