So I was sitting by my 5 year old niece, Kenzie, at dinner the other night. My mom and brother were talking about my other brother's new born twins. Kenzie and I had also been talking all the cute boys in her class and her boyfriend (which is different every time I talk to her) From these conversations Kenzie started talking to me.
Kenzie: Jerilyn, are you old enough to have a baby?
Me: I'm old enough, but I'm not married. If I were married I would be old enough to have baby.
Kenzie: Oh
Me: Are you old enough?
Kenzie: No. So do you have a boyfriend?
Me: No.
Kenzie: Why not?
Me: Because I haven't found anyone who I want to be my boyfriend yet.
Kenzie: Oh...
Me: I don't have as many cute boys in my class as you do!
Kenzie: *Face lights up* "Oh, well you can have one of the boys in my class to be your boyfriend when he is 29!!"
Me: I'll be like 50 by then!
Kenzie: Well that's okay!!
HA! I just love these little conversations with her. She's so clever and adorable!!
Being an aunt is the best!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hahahahaha....Well first off I have to say your niece has an awesome name! And secondly I just have to comment on the boys comment... you see the main problem with the boys in our classes are there aren't hardly any boys period- cute or not cute! Plus most of them are married!! Maybe we will just have to wait for your nieces friends... really we only have to wait 13 years for it to be legal!
ReplyDeleteCan you believe that that is what her conversations are?!! BAbies and boys? What happened to Barbie and princesses?
ReplyDelete